It’s Three Things Thursday!
Three things related to Halloween:
Favorite Halloween Candy As A Kid
1) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (I mean, this is a given, right?!)
2) Sour Apple Blow Pops – SO GOOD! Plus, GUM!
3) Those weird sugar water filled Wax Bottles!
(Yes! I loved those things! Pure sugar, plus weird flavorless-almost-gum!? Who could resist?!)
Halloween Candy I HATED as a kid! (And…still now…)
1) Candy Corn. And those awful pumpkins pretending like they’re NOT candy corn. Gross.
2) These things. I mean, come on. If you’re giving these out, you hate children. And happiness. And probably puppies.
3) Almond Joy/Mounds Bars. The only thing worse than coconut in a candy are numbers 1 and 2 on this list.
Three Random Things About Halloween
1) Now that my kids are in their teens, walking around with them Trick-Or-Treating is coming to an end. This makes the old-man-romantic-Dad in me sad.
2) My awesome wife, when we were dating back many years ago, made me a first-season Star Trek The Next Generation uniform as the coolest costume I’ve ever had. I still have it, even though it’s been about 15 years since I could fit in it. Since my diagnosis with Diabetes, I’ve been eating better and exercising and I’m almost back to being able to wear it! Maybe next Halloween? GEEKOWEEN!
3) This is the pumpkin I carved this year. PacMan Ghost. Yep, combining Halloween and Video Games: GEEKOWEEN! 🙂